Resealing work on the eastbound carriageway of Parkes Way between the Sullivans Creek bridge and Acton Tunnel will commence Wednesday 1 February 2017 and be completed over two days.
The work will involve laying a new road surface and replacing the line markings to improve the safety, ride comfort and extend the life of the road. Changed traffic arrangements will be in place, including temporary lane closures.
Location of works
- Parkes Way eastbound between the Sullivans Creek bridge and Acton Tunnel.
Timing of works
- Commencing Wednesday 1 and completed on Thursday 2 February 2017, weather permitting
- Off peak period, between 9 am and 4 pm, to minimise the effects on traffic.
Temporary traffic arrangements include
- The speed limit near the works will be reduced to 40km per hour
- Temporary lanes closures will also be put in place
- Traffic controllers will be on site to manage the flow of traffic and to assist local motorists to access their homes or businesses
- Variable message boards to inform motorists and residents.
Effect on traffic
- Minor delays can be expected while the works are being undertaken.
Barriers, and signs will be erected on site and traffic controllers will direct traffic through the worksite. For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au