Recruitment firm, Hays Canberra, recently raised $13,000 from their annual golf day for their charity partner, the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Make-A-Wish Australia was founded in 1985, and has granted over 8,000 wishes to children with life threatening illnesses. Make-A-Wish gives seriously ill children hope for the future, strength to face the challenges of their illness, and joy from their incredible wish experience.
$6500 was raised by the 130 attendees and Hays Canberra matched this amount dollar for dollar.
The Hays Canberra charity golf day was held at Federal Golf Course.
“I would like to thank Canberra’s senior business executives that attended our charity golf day for making it a great success,” Jim Roy, Hays, Regional Director said.
Funds were raised throughout the day through a mix of raffles, auctions, and games.The highest bid item was a 2016 signed Brumbies jersey of course for $600.
Great prizes and raffle items were provided generously by Canberra businesses and included:
• GWS Jersey
• 2016 signed Brumbies Jersey
• Canberra Cavalry Jersey
• Accommodation voucher & breakfast for two Crown Plaza
• 2 nights Accommodation, Dinner & Fishing Charter Voucher Pleasurelea
• Master Builders full page advertisement
• Accommodation voucher & breakfast for two Realm Suite – Hotel Realm
• Voucher weekend family ski hire Rhythm Snow Gear
• 2 Initial Chiropractic Consultations Canberra Spine Centre
• Voucher for Morgan’s Group
• Voucher for Ellacure
• Voucher for Canberra Yacht Club
• 3 x vouchers for Anytime Fitness
• $200 voucher dinner & drinks Hellenic Club
• $100 voucher Double Shot Longest Drive Female
• $250 voucher/beauty package @ Browlab
Nearest to the Pin
• $100 voucher Ellacure
• $100 voucher The Meating Room
“I’d like to also thank the great team we have at Hays Canberra for getting behind this annual charity event and contributing to the local community,” Jim said.